Undermountain: Neverwinter's Biggest Expansion

Our loremasters share some of our knowledge. Join our Guild for more!
Alphastream

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:36 pm  

A new blog post on Expeditions, a new scaling repeatable Undermountain event that is supposed to offer high challenge and reward.

An NPC in the Yawning Portal asks you to collect relics and complete Survey Expeditions. Completing them unlocks additional levels of Undermountain and advances the campaign. After completing the campaign, the NPC then offers Master Expeditions with "expanded variety, better rewards, and a higher challenge."

You can choose to attune up to 3 runic crystals at the start, guaranteeing specific rewards but increasing the challenge. Bosses can also drop unique loot. One of the best artifact sets is found here.
Playing:
Dagdra Deepforge: Dwarven Cleric
Garla Shieldbreaker: Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
Zendra Soulseeker: Moon Elf Warlock
Jalazea Shieldborn: Tiefling Paladin
My Dungeons & Dragons blog can be found here!

Alphastream

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:51 pm  

Details on the new lockbox, Lockbox of the Mad Mage.

It has the Hellfire Engine mount in legendary and epic, with =4k Crit at legendary.

The new companion is a Grung, which is a poison arrow tree frog kind of humanoid from Chult. They come in 4 colors and have some interesting abilities.
- Enhancement Power: Perfect Vision – Chance on hit to increase your accuracy and your companion’s critical avoidance for 15 seconds.
- Player Bonus Power: Grung’s Instincts - On critical hit: Poison target for 50 magnitude weapon damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.

They also metnion the lockbox has brand new legendary insignias, and the Wheel of the Elements. This begs the question as to whether these will scale to 80. Do all artifacts scale to 80?
Playing:

Alphastream

Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:46 pm  

The latest dev blog post is on the two apprentices to the Mad Mage. These come from the hardback adventure book, Dungeon of the Mad Mage and have a cool backstory to them.
Playing:

Alphastream

Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:13 pm  

Dev blog on animating Halaster, the famous master of Undermountain. There is a tremendously rich history behind Halaster in D&D.
Playing:

•   Information