Permanent crash of the game client after the upgrade of 21 of January 2020

General Game related posts
menello5700

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:25 pm  

Hi, as in a title of a post I can't play Neverwinter since update of yesterday (PC platform with Windows 8.1), I have tried reinstalation, Windows compatibility fixing utility and .... nothing. Is it the time to finish my Neverwinter play? I am posting this text to ask you, Guildies, if any of you has the similar problem?
If yes, anybody knows the solution?

Thanks in advance,

Goldie Baby and rest of my toons
"Everybody wants to change the world, but nobody thinks about changing himself" Leo Tolstoy

Lara Dorren aep Shia - Half-Elf Warlock
Txarra Apaíz - Human Cleric
Goldie Baby - Drow Rogue
Quirk - Half-Orc Barbarian
Zireael - Wooden Elf Ranger

Bobi

Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:08 pm  

They are doing yet another patch and maintenance today - I hope it fixes your issues.
Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

menello5700

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:59 am  

Bobi wrote:They are doing yet another patch and maintenance today - I hope it fixes your issues.

Thank you Bobi, but I have already done everything possible I think - reinstalled Java, game client
(about 4-5 times ), nVidia chipset drivers, VIsual Basic C++, conacted several times with arc games support and .... the game stil crashes, just few seconds after starting the clent, with brand new error code every time. I am fighting like this fifth (!) day already...

I have sent explaining message to Sig, just to justify my game absense, but seems that some superior force doesn´t want to see me playing Neverwinter again :(
"Everybody wants to change the world, but nobody thinks about changing himself" Leo Tolstoy

Goldie Baby - Drow Rogue

Bobi

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:48 pm  

Oh no - hope some fix is found soon.

There will always be a place left for you in the Harbingers of course.

Sigill and I look forward to hopefully seeing you soon.
Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Alphastream

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:14 am  

I'm so sorry to hear this! I have not seen the issue, but please raise it in the Cryptic forums if you haven't already. I hope it gets fixed soon!
Playing:
Dagdra Deepforge: Dwarven Cleric
Garla Shieldbreaker: Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
Zendra Soulseeker: Moon Elf Warlock
Jalazea Shieldborn: Tiefling Paladin
My Dungeons & Dragons blog can be found here!

menello5700

Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:52 am  

Hi again, guildies. I just have passed 2 weeks of sending emails forth and back to Arc Games customer support with no result :?

I am really very sorry - my GF much less, of course :twisted: - but I have to temporarily stop to play Neverwinter. I've just written to Sig asking him a favour to wipe out my toons from guild list, just to prevent the fall down of statistics because of my game absence, with the option to join the guild some day again, when my problem of chronic crash will be solved.

I am still looking with hope into the future, that some day it can happen (e.g. when I will buy me a new computer, maybe).

If you don't mind, I would like to stay a member of this forum, because it is - by now - the unique form of my contact with guild. Thanks in advance.

I would like to thank you too for all good moments I spent playing with you. I am really delighted, it was a honour to be able to meet such a great people like you, it is not very common in a cyberspace of today...

Sincerelly

Goldie Baby and the rest of toons of mine

Goldie Baby - Drow Rogue

Sigill MacFinn

Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:05 pm  

Your absence won't affect us in any way except you won't be around :(

I will not be deleting anything, there is always a home for you in The Harbingers

We WILL be seeing you soon :)
What Class Are You Forgotten Realms Wiki Neverwinter Wiki

..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

•   Information